Custom Filtration to Meet Your Unique Drinking Water Needs
The Kinetico K5 Drinking Water Station® is one of the most advanced, effective water filtration systems available for your home or office. By running your water supply through multiple purpose-specific filters, the system eliminates chemicals, bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances, leaving you nothing but pure, refreshing water. The K5 comes pre-configured with five standard filter packages, but what many Water Doctors clients don’t realize is that the filter configuration can (and should!) be customized to address your specific needs and water characteristics. Let’s do a deep dive into your K5 filter options and when it makes sense to customize your filter configuration.
Standard Filter Configurations for Your K5 Drinking Water Station
Most K5 owners start with one of the pre-configured filter packages offered by Kinetico. Each of the out-of-box configurations (Standard, Guard, Enhance, Arsenic, and BioPure) is designed to address particular concerns. And there’s nothing wrong with these packages–they’re great! They just don’t take into account your water’s unique makeup or your family’s unique needs.
- Standard: The Standard configuration has three filters–one to remove chlorine, another to remove contaminants such as metals and nitrates, and one to eliminate additional compounds that could result in foul tastes and odors.
- Guard: The Guard package goes above and beyond the Standard option to safeguard your family against volatile organic compounds such as pesticides, paints, and other chemicals.
- Enhance: By adding minerals back to your filtered water, the Enhance package actively supports your nervous system–helping to build strong bones, regulate blood flow, and relax muscle tension.
- Arsenic: The Arsenic package is designed to filter out arsenic to ensure complete removal from your drinking water while also guarding against volatile organic compounds.
- BioPure: While every K5 configuration cleans your water, the BioPure package goes even further, offering the ultimate in purification to alleviate all your water worries and provide total peace of mind.
Custom K5 Filtration Options for Your Unique Needs
The best part about the K5 system (apart from the great-tasting water you’ll be drinking) is how easy it is to customize. The modular, multi-stage filtration setup lets you easily address the characteristics of your water supply and transform your water into something you feel good about serving to family and guests. Starting with the base K5 system and three standard filters, you can add on one or two additional filtration cartridges to enhance the taste, quality, and healthfulness of your water.
- VOC Guard: Reduces volatile organic compounds like pesticides, paints, cleaning supplies, and other chemicals.
- Mineral Plus: Adds beneficial minerals such as magnesium and calcium to your drinking water.
- Arsenic Guard: Specifically designed to filter arsenic (As III) to ensure its complete removal.
- Purefecta Guard: Generates biopure drinking water, removing 99.99999% of bacteria and 99.99% of viruses.
- Chloramine Guard: Significantly reduces chloramine, a chemical used to treat approximately one-third of municipal water sources in the United States.
- Perchlorate Guard: Removes perchlorate, a byproduct of some manufacturing shown to have adverse effects on the thyroid.
Why You Should Choose Custom K5 Filters
The pre-configured filter setups provided by Kinetico are great, but a custom configuration will help you get the most from your home water filtration system. Your family’s priorities and the characteristics of your water supply will determine your ideal filter configuration.
To current K5 users who have been using a pre-set configuration: it’s time to customize. You already know how fantastic the K5 system is–now take the system to the next level! Switching up the filters from the standard configuration is a simple task, and a Water Doctors team member can help you choose the filters that will work best for your home.
Health is often top-of-mind for our clients, especially those with young children. If you’re a parent, you’re right to be concerned about giving your child the best possible drinking water. Protect your family’s health by adding on specialized K5 filters, such as the Purefecta Guard to remove viruses and bacteria or the Mineral Plus filter to add back helpful minerals. As you might imagine, Purefecta Guard’s ability to generate biopure water has been popular recently in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. A custom K5 configuration can ease concerns about your family’s health and welfare.
If your water comes from a well, there can be all sorts of compounds in your drinking water that should be filtered out. Nearby farm fields might mean higher arsenic or pesticide levels, and homes near factories or military bases may need to be concerned about perchlorate. The K5’s add-on filters can handily remove arsenic, volatile organic compounds, perchlorate, and other harmful substances–but first, you need to know what’s in your water! A free water test from Water Doctors will reveal the characteristics of your water and what K5 filters will work best to give you pure, contaminant-free drinking water.
It’s important to remember that your ideal filter configuration might change over time. Seasonal changes in your water due to melting snow, yard work, and other factors might necessitate using different filters at different times of the year. Newly constructed homes tapping into your water supply could also change its makeup. It’s best to regularly check-in and evaluate whether your water is meeting your needs.
Customize Your Kinetico K5 System Today
Drinking water filtration is not a one-size-fits-all solution. The experts at Water Doctors can help you choose and install the correct filters to maximize your K5 system. Contact us to get started!